Our study....

Our study....

Friday, October 22, 2010

En-courage(the team devo I got to give!)

Heb 10:24:

Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as in the habit of some but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near.
What's this scripture saying, what's the goal here? It's saying okay let's consider how to stir up each other, not let's consider how to calm each other down and mellow out all these radical people, no it says let's consider how to stir one another. What I read you about Lacy, did that stir your heart? Did that push you and prod you to want to do something awesome like that for the Lord. That's what I'm talking about when I say stirring your heart. We should be finding ways we can stir one another up to what it says to do love and good works. So what your saying is wait a minute i don't have to be a pastor or a ______ I can  use whatever gift and desire God has given me and pursue that? And I'm not nuts if after studying the word one day I decide to surrender everything and go do what I feel called to do? No your not crazy, it makes all the sense in the world. I mean I pray because I'm still selfish and I'm still greedy, but i go God I don't wanna be, i don't wanna be, I don't make excuses for my selfishness or greediness, i don't make excuses for my lack of love. i say God will your holy spirit change me, cause at the end of my life I wanna be a girl that is just so full of love and all these people around me that got a chance and a life and a relationship with Jesus Christ because they saw Jesus in action in me. So how can we get together and figure out ways that we can stir one another up to good works. Your not alone. That's the whole point of church is for you to look around and see that your not alone. You don't just draw into yourself and depend on yourself for everything you need, that's not the way God intended. So we get together and do what is says next, encourage each other....encouraging one another not just me encouraging you but you all encouraging each other. Have you ever noticed that the word encourage has the word courage in it? I mean I always knew how to spell it. But get this what we should be doing when we get together is we should be putting courage into one other. I mean I always thought encourage was just like, i like your shirt, no encourage is would you build me up and remind me that i can do something because i have the spirit of God is inside of me. And as i gather with you That's my job, is to remind you that you of what you are able to do because the holy spirit of God is in you that might stir you up. That's what I'm doing is trying to put courage into you so that you will say you know what I'm not stupid, everyones been telling me that I'm crazy,  no I can do this thing. Just like Caleb and Joshua no they weren't crazy everyone else was, those two out of that whole nation had it right. They prob had to get together and encourage one another, we're right, our God is that mighty and he can use a piece of trash like me and change the world! In fact that's what he wants to do is take the weak and uneducated and astonish the world with them. So we need to be encouraging one another all the more as we see the day drawing near, I don't know about you but i see the day drawing near when Christ is gonna return, and the greatest thing that i can do as your coach is try to stir you up and say look God has not called us to live boring lives. No one looks at a boring life and says awww i want that....no...they wanna see people who are stirred up and who have the holy spirit working through them and say how did that common girl have this much passion and this much boldness and do this much stuff, and you can answer the holy spirit of God, you want him? You know it's because I've been forgiven because of what Jesus did on that cross for me and he died so he could put his spirit in me! And now there is crazy things that I'm doing but its not my own power i don't know what's happened to me, but i get together with these other people who are doing crazy things, and let me tell you about what they're doing and then we just keep encouraging and encouraging and putting that courage into one another. So let me close with how that chapter ends......
Heb. 10:37-39
For Yet a little while, and the coming will come and not delay; but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him." For we are not of those who are shrink back and destroyed, but those who have faith and preserve their souls.
okay listen to that, what a powerful statement. look in a little while, you know the coming one, we've been talking about this, jesus is coming, he is actually gonna come. and the righteous ones, the ones who actually lived by faith, the Calebs the Joshuas,  those that said, no my God can do this through me, I can defeat this army i can have this happen, and he says if he shrinks back, he says my soul has no pleasure it him. I think to myself man i was so fired up at that time, but have i shrunk back? did i let all the other voices get in my head? some of you know there have been times in your lives when God wanted you to do something and he wanted you to go hard after it but you heard all of the discouragement, people took courage away from you. And said no you can't do this, You didn't have believers coming along side of you and praying for greater boldness greater power, you didn't have the believers coming beside you and encouraging you and saying you can do this, and don't shrink back from it. I wonder to myself have I listened to these voices? That's my prayer is that this be a place and a team where you come to find encouragement. I mean this book if filled with a bunch of total losers who got filled with the holy spirit of God and did amazing and unbelievable things and people see that and say i want to be a part of that. Are there things right now in your life  that God is wanting you to do and your shrinking back and getting scared? Maybe some of you are wondering if your own family is with you on some of this stuff. We need to be encouragers, and I hope we leave here today and if no one else believes in you know that if the holy spirit is in you, i believe that God can do whatever it is that he has put in your heart. He's not gonna give you something you cannot handle. He doesn't do that.  If their is a sin in your life he will give you a way out of it. You can get out of it! If there is a calling a vision something you need to do, go after it! He is enough.  Some of you just need the courage to get saved. I'm telling you he is worth it, he is greater than anything the world can offer you. We are talking about the creator here. I am constantly going t God asking God what do you need from me cause your the greatest. So let's do it. Let's be encouragers. Let's be a team where we come together and put courage into one another.

No comments: